In this course students will be recruited to potentially join an elite team of explorers and intellectuals in unravelling the mysteries of past civilizations. If accepted they will be training and sent out on missions through the modern convenience of time travel to explore past civilizations and report back to headquarters on their findings. Students will be asked to find the strengths and weaknesses of the civilizations they investigate so that we can use that knowledge to understand and strengthen our own civilization.
- Inquiry: Inquiry will be encouraged, valued and required in this course. Students will be inspired to ask questions and follow lines of inquiry that they are passionate about.
- Critical Thinking: Throughout the course critical thinking will be a focus. Comparing and contrasting worldviews and the various components of a culture. Students will be encouraged to search for wisdom, truth and evidence of God’s hand in history.
- Research skills: how to research, outline, draft and publish a piece of writing. How to do a correct academic bibliography.
- Presentation skills: Students will convey their knowledge through graphs, tables, maps, writing and multi-media presentations
- Choice: Students will be given choice as much as possible to help them to identify their areas of passion and giftings and be able to grow in those areas.
This course is based on three 45 minute lessons every week.
Students are required to download and complete or print assignments, scan (either by taking pictures or physically scanning) and upload their assignments within Moodle.Ordering Information
If you would like to examine any of courses, or place an order, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free 1-877-862-2375 x473