How did God shape Canada through historical events and the people involved and through the unique geographical factors which are “Canada”? Students will use the textbook Connections Canada (Oxford publishers) as a base for introducing and understanding the story of Canada’s early development and First Nations peoples. A variety of learning activities and responses will encourage students to empathize with the people who experienced these events and to express their learning in assignments and in actions.
In this course students will develop skills in;
- Inquiry: Inquiry is encouraged, valued and required in this course. Students will be inspired to ask questions and follow lines of inquiry that they are curious about.
- Critical Thinking: Throughout the course critical thinking will be a focus as students are encouraged to consider evidence of God’s hand in history.
- Research skills: extending inquiry by using video, guided online searches
- Presentation skills: Students will share their learning through graphs, tables, maps, writing and visual presentations
This course is based on three 45 minute lessons every week for 30 weeks.
Students are required to download and complete or print assignments, scan (either by taking pictures or physically scanning) and upload their assignments within Moodle. Access to Discovery Education is required.
- Connections Canada: ISBN# 9780195414295
If you would like to examine any of courses, or place an order, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free 1-877-862-2375 x473