This course is an IELTS test preparation course that offers the student to prepare for the IELTS/TOEFL course. It uses the IELTS test structure as a basic framework and provides interactive practice tests for students. The focus is on improving student’s listening skills and test-taking strategies.
It is also designed to provide students with the acquisition of the English language at a grade 10-11 -12 level and an understanding of Canadian culture through interactive communicative tasks that include Canadian content, provide cultural awareness, and model Christian values.
There are 20 lessons covering the 4 academic language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. There are a variety of written assignments, discussion forums, journal entries, that would need to be marked by a certified teacher and give feedback to the student. Each course has a practice exam and a final exam which is timed. The course is designed to support the transition of students into BC Schools and their inclusion into the contribution of the ongoing development of Canadian Society.
Pre-requisite: ESL 11 or equivalent
- 4 units of elective credit
- Time Commitment - Approximately 100 hours of study
- Modern web browser
- Adobe Flash Player (version 10.1+) get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Headset with a microphone
- Desktop or laptop computers work best for our courses. Smartphones and tablets don’t work consistently with our ESL courses, due to the flash animation features.
If you would like to examine any of courses, or place an order, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free 1-877-862-2375 x473